Averick Maverick
(Okay, so that title was just because nothing rhymes with "Rosenfeld.")
I am spending the weekend with the Rosenfeld-Averick family. It was here, in Jerusalem, that we enjoyed Jose's famous cholent and fruit soup in visits past. This time, we had honeydew and pomegranate and chicken and soup that did not at all make me miss yeshiva food.
It was nice: Sara Averick and Jose Rosenfeld and crew: Nechemiah (turned 16 today, made me an omelet for dinner), Elisheva (14, just had nine pins removed from her surgically-repaired leg), Avital (13, wears a sweater indoors because she sits right under the air conditioner) and Yehudit (11, and I taught her how to play Sudoku). On the Shabbat itself, I read my "Hitchhiker's" book, went to a shtieblach (exact definition unknown, many wisened scholars translate it as "a whale's –"), where I prayed, and relaxed. Which is good, for a shabbat.
It's late, so I'll save my longer article for another time. Tomorrow, maybe (and no, it's not about ALEPH DELTA MAO). More tomorrow.
Oh, and one more thing: I added ten more pictures from my camera to old entries. Find 'em if you want. It'll give you yet another reason to review my past posts. Or maybe a first reason. But hopefully not. Okay, sleep time, ciao.
I am spending the weekend with the Rosenfeld-Averick family. It was here, in Jerusalem, that we enjoyed Jose's famous cholent and fruit soup in visits past. This time, we had honeydew and pomegranate and chicken and soup that did not at all make me miss yeshiva food.
It was nice: Sara Averick and Jose Rosenfeld and crew: Nechemiah (turned 16 today, made me an omelet for dinner), Elisheva (14, just had nine pins removed from her surgically-repaired leg), Avital (13, wears a sweater indoors because she sits right under the air conditioner) and Yehudit (11, and I taught her how to play Sudoku). On the Shabbat itself, I read my "Hitchhiker's" book, went to a shtieblach (exact definition unknown, many wisened scholars translate it as "a whale's –"), where I prayed, and relaxed. Which is good, for a shabbat.
It's late, so I'll save my longer article for another time. Tomorrow, maybe (and no, it's not about ALEPH DELTA MAO). More tomorrow.
Oh, and one more thing: I added ten more pictures from my camera to old entries. Find 'em if you want. It'll give you yet another reason to review my past posts. Or maybe a first reason. But hopefully not. Okay, sleep time, ciao.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home