Americans!: Aaron and David Zvi
I am still playing around with a couple of ideas, such as (a) to go back to previous entries and post photos from then; (b) if I should create a photo collection online somewhere, somehow; (c) change the clever rabbi lookalikes (or maybe just add the real pictures). And if you have any solutions to these issues, just write me a comment. However, I am able to start introducing you, as promised, to the Americans. I gave all the Americans some questions, and here's what I got back:
Name: Aaron Abramson
DOB:
From:
High School:
College:
Favorite Sports Team:
In his own words:
ל"עץ חיים היא למחזיקים בה" (משלי ג':יח)ל Yeshiva is the opportunity to take hold of this tree of life and learn its ways. The concept is amazing as is the true application. Some might consider this taking a year off to stam learn some stuff, but that is an untrue statement. It’s a year on to learn how to live life the way we are supposed to.”
* The Hebrew means “It is a tree of life to those who hold to it.” (Proverbs 3:18)
Name: David Zvi Epstein
DOB:
From:
High School: Yeshivat Bnei Akiva Or Chaim
College: Unsure
Scariest Animal: Adam Weiler
“So far, yeshiva has been a perfect mix of challenges and learning environments. The Hebrew barrier forces me to try harder to succeed, and I know that in this yeshiva specifically the rewards of fully understanding all the Torah that goes on here is immense. Therefore, I am endeavoring to integrate myself academically, socially, and gastronomically. I give good odds to the first two.”
So there you have it. The two Canadians, who incidentally were next-door neighbors. Both are dedicated learners, Aaron learning by himself a lot and David Zvi, who is a Cohen, learning a lot too, but in a few more groups. Aaron is one of those in charge of providing the Beit Midrash bisquits, the yeshiva snack while learning, and David Zvi tells jokes that are only funny in Canada (including the memorable and oft-ridiculed one-liner "Magenta Pig!" ?????).
Enjoy the Canadians, because from here on out, the rest of the entries come from the good ol' U.S. of A.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home