Americans!: Yehuda and Benjamin
Let's keep 'em coming:
Name: Yehuda Lerea
DOB: January 22, 1987
From: The Bronx, New York
High School: Ramaz
College: Yeshiva University
Favorite TV show when he was a kid: "Batman"
In his own words:
“The people are great, the Hebrew is tough, and the place is beautiful. Sick of pasta and cucumbers but staying healthy. Learning gmara , Tanach, and never hearing a car honk. Listening to Miles Davis and Shlomo Artzi. Basically, always smiling!"
Name: Benjamin Ezra Epstein 
DOB: September 18, 1987
From: Dallas, Texas
High School: Yavneh Academy of Dallas
College: Washington University in St. Louis
Favorite musician: Tom Lehrer
In his own words:
“Ma’aleh Gilboa is amazing– it’s hard to argue with much of anything here! Actually, at least in the Beit Midrash, I can argue with anything– which is why I love this place. Although the food tends to seem like just variations on a theme, nothing beats the variety of people here! I am very happy with the challenges and experiences of Ma’aleh Gilboa. I couldn’t ask for much better!
Benjamin goes by the nickname "Jammin'," which is perhaps the coolest nickname ever for Benjamin (Ben, Benny, Benjy, Benji, Bengie, Enjam). He has absolutely no trace of a Texan accent, but sounds kinda like Kermit the Frog. One of the nicest guys here. Likes and understands computers and iPods, and has fixed both of mine. Slept in my room on the first night because of rooming confusion (now is in his own room), and my work buddy during Gaza gruntwork. His mom posted on my blog. He is one of two Honorary Members of... oops, I'll tell you later what that is. Ignore that last line. Change the subject, change the subject...uhh... cucumbers!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home