Yoni in Israel

Contains: Torah, humor, insight, and cucumbers

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Erev Vacation

Well, the Day of Atonement has passed. Since the fast started at 4:38 and went to 5:45, davenning consumed most of the day; I think the break between Mussaf and Mincha was, oh, 45 minutes. No nap for me. And other than the praying, there was the praying. I kinda missed Jordan Lurie's emotional Ne'illah and Josh Sharfman's booming baritone Kol Nidre (though I cannot say I miss his mustache; there is a guy here whose theme song should be "I am the Walrus"). Also met my host family for the break-fast; Shloimie and Galit and their kids Matan (2) and Tal (6 months).

And tomorrow, it's off to vacation. Away from Ma'aleh Gilboa for a few nice weeks (until October 30th). So until then, hope everyone has a nice Sukkot break. Hopefully, I will have some sort of internet access during the break. If not... well, see you the 30th.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yoni, my son Benjamin Epstein (lover of puns, no word on cucumbers yet) led me here if I wanted another view of yeshiva life. He told me you were funny--in his words really, REALLY funny! I don't think I'll ever look at a cucumber without thinking of you again--my son leaves some details out of his emails. I missed the cucumber thing. Suffice it to say, I laughed my way through your delightful journey--what do you plan on studying after yeshiva?? You know, Dave Barry is now retired--I think there's a place for you there...Thanks for a new point of view--I'll look forward to all your entries! Enjoy, have a cucumber for me and most importantly, as I have always told all my kids "Have good fun that is funny..." (Dr. Seuss) Oh, please see that Benjamin gets a haircut soon...Tina Epstein

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home