Yoni in Israel

Contains: Torah, humor, insight, and cucumbers

Monday, October 10, 2005

*!אני יכול לכתוב במחשב בעברית

Have you missed me? Admit it, you've probably been unsure what to do without my daily blog. Well, get used to it. There will be days when I don't write, and with the Sukkot break coming up, it is uncertain if I will have access to an internet computer, or how often.

That said, the reason I have not been writing the past two days is that I have been trying to hook up my laptop to the Beit Midrash computer. I was attempting to upload some photos, but that proved unsuccessful because my computer malfunctions sometimes (the computer I am using now is the yeshiva's, not mine). This is not good. I was trying to upload photos of the Americans, and publish with each photo a little bio. But since I cannot, I guess I will instead tell you a bit about my boring day.

Let's see... had a stomachache, had some classes cancelled, learned about Yom Kippur, read some Mishlei (Proverbs), and learned some gmara with my B'Kiyut chevruta, Eitan. Ate my twice-daily cucumber and cheese, napped, and had a class with Rav Gilad. And that's it; with Yom Kippur so close, we are not on a regular schedule.

When I get my pictures up, things will get more interesting. Until then, that's it.

*In English, this translates to "I am able to write on the computer in Hebrew!" Neat, huh? And while I have your attention down here, and since nothing is happening without my pictures being uploaded...
Who saw that 18-inning Braves-Astros baseball game? Obviously, I didn't, but that has the making of baseball playoff history. That ranks up there with Braves-Twins World Series Game 7 (1991), Red Sox-Yankees ALCS Game 7s (2003, '04), Dodgers-Oakland World Series Game 1 (1988), and Joe Carter's walk-off homerun to win the World Series (Blue Jays-Phillies, 1992). And those are all in my lifetime. Must have been great baseball. Great performances by Ausmus, Clemens, Burke, Berkman, and both bullpens. God I miss baseball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home