Ma'aleh Gilboa from A to Z
A is Anim Zmirot, when the students dance and sing,
B is Beit Midrash, where we do our learning thing.
C is for the Cucumbers that we eat twice a day,
D is for the Davenning, the time we chant and pray.
E is for the Email we check each day, of course,
F is "Fluralism," the yeshiva's driving force.
G is for Gilboa, our lonely mountain peak,
H is for the Hebrew language staff and students speak.
I is Iyun Seder, when you're learning with your buddy,
J is for Jerusalem Talmud, a text that we oft study.
K is for Katamon, where many students dwell,
L is for the Laptops Israelis borrow for a spell.
M is for "MMM Ken," an inside joke I don't quite get,
N is for the Noodles, drenched in oil so they're wet.
O is for Out Shabbats, weekends students love the most,
P is for Pesachim Tractate in which we're engrossed.
Q is for how Quickly these six months have just flown by,
R is Rosh Yeshivas, we have three, I don't know why.
S is for Shiluv 13, the student body group,
T is Toranut, such as serving shabbas soup.
U is for United States, from which some students came,
V is "Volunteering," which is only that in name.
W is Water Tower, a place with quite a view,
X is for the Xeroxing that we're allowed to do.
Y is for Yoni in Israel, the place I write my take,
and Z is for Zman Kayitz, the trimester after break.
B is Beit Midrash, where we do our learning thing.
C is for the Cucumbers that we eat twice a day,
D is for the Davenning, the time we chant and pray.
E is for the Email we check each day, of course,
F is "Fluralism," the yeshiva's driving force.
G is for Gilboa, our lonely mountain peak,
H is for the Hebrew language staff and students speak.
I is Iyun Seder, when you're learning with your buddy,
J is for Jerusalem Talmud, a text that we oft study.
K is for Katamon, where many students dwell,
L is for the Laptops Israelis borrow for a spell.
M is for "MMM Ken," an inside joke I don't quite get,
N is for the Noodles, drenched in oil so they're wet.
O is for Out Shabbats, weekends students love the most,
P is for Pesachim Tractate in which we're engrossed.
Q is for how Quickly these six months have just flown by,
R is Rosh Yeshivas, we have three, I don't know why.
S is for Shiluv 13, the student body group,
T is Toranut, such as serving shabbas soup.
U is for United States, from which some students came,
V is "Volunteering," which is only that in name.
W is Water Tower, a place with quite a view,
X is for the Xeroxing that we're allowed to do.
Y is for Yoni in Israel, the place I write my take,
and Z is for Zman Kayitz, the trimester after break.




1 Comments:
how come nobody posts comments anymore?!
Post a Comment
<< Home