Happy St. Patrick's Day!
I don't think anyone noticed the holiday here.
I spent the first part of Friday finishing "A Return to Modesty." Other than that, I just relaxed. I left around noon for my shabbat destination, slipping the key under the door I had just locked. I did not realize Ariel did not have a spare key, so for the next three hours he called me with updates with "I'm trying with a coat hanger" and "the left side of the door or the right?" and "did you shove it under or just slide it under?" Thankfully, just before shabbat, he called saying he recovered the key, so all's well that ends well.
I was spending the weekend at the residence of the Aminoffs', whose son Ronen is in my shiur. Ronen, as you may recall, is one of the resident jokers of the shiluv, organizing the Harry Potter siyum, the Tu B'shvat riddles, and other merrymaking amusements. I don't know why I threw that in here.
Ronen lives in Ramot, a suburb of Jerusalem. Or rather, one of the Ramots. There are six different Ramots: Ramot Aleph (1), Ramot Bet (2), Ramot Gimmel (3), Ramot Daled (4), Polish Ramot, and Ramot 06. I don't know why it's called Polish Ramot and not Ramot Hay (5), or why the sixth Ramot has a zero in front of the six. Thankfully, I had only to deal with Ramot Aleph, where Ronen lives.
And now I am here for shabbat. So shabbat shalom.
I spent the first part of Friday finishing "A Return to Modesty." Other than that, I just relaxed. I left around noon for my shabbat destination, slipping the key under the door I had just locked. I did not realize Ariel did not have a spare key, so for the next three hours he called me with updates with "I'm trying with a coat hanger" and "the left side of the door or the right?" and "did you shove it under or just slide it under?" Thankfully, just before shabbat, he called saying he recovered the key, so all's well that ends well.
I was spending the weekend at the residence of the Aminoffs', whose son Ronen is in my shiur. Ronen, as you may recall, is one of the resident jokers of the shiluv, organizing the Harry Potter siyum, the Tu B'shvat riddles, and other merrymaking amusements. I don't know why I threw that in here.
Ronen lives in Ramot, a suburb of Jerusalem. Or rather, one of the Ramots. There are six different Ramots: Ramot Aleph (1), Ramot Bet (2), Ramot Gimmel (3), Ramot Daled (4), Polish Ramot, and Ramot 06. I don't know why it's called Polish Ramot and not Ramot Hay (5), or why the sixth Ramot has a zero in front of the six. Thankfully, I had only to deal with Ramot Aleph, where Ronen lives.
And now I am here for shabbat. So shabbat shalom.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home