JIB Awards
Hello there!
If you look to the left, you will see a banner that has not been there until recently. This because this very blog has been nominated for "Best Student Blog" on jpost.com! Although I did not submit my blog for consideration (thanks mom and dad), I am nevertheless honored to be nominated. To be considered is great in itself, but I figure, while we're at it, why not go for the win?
That's where you, dear reader, come in. Click on the button on the left, and you will be redirected to voting e-booth. You could check out the competition, but let me save you the trouble: mine is the best. By far. No, but seriously, I did check all the other nominees; most are nice, some are professionally done, but I still feel that mine is the best. So there.
Vote. Every vote counts. Vote twice if you want; you can vote once every three days from a given computer. Voting ends February 2nd, which is why this post is dated then, even though we are still in January.
Whether you've been reading since the very beginning, or you're a new user, or you're just reading this post, your vote counts! And if you leave me a message saying you voted, you will receive special recognition (see below)!
Thank you, and happy voting!
If you look to the left, you will see a banner that has not been there until recently. This because this very blog has been nominated for "Best Student Blog" on jpost.com! Although I did not submit my blog for consideration (thanks mom and dad), I am nevertheless honored to be nominated. To be considered is great in itself, but I figure, while we're at it, why not go for the win?
That's where you, dear reader, come in. Click on the button on the left, and you will be redirected to voting e-booth. You could check out the competition, but let me save you the trouble: mine is the best. By far. No, but seriously, I did check all the other nominees; most are nice, some are professionally done, but I still feel that mine is the best. So there.
Vote. Every vote counts. Vote twice if you want; you can vote once every three days from a given computer. Voting ends February 2nd, which is why this post is dated then, even though we are still in January.
Whether you've been reading since the very beginning, or you're a new user, or you're just reading this post, your vote counts! And if you leave me a message saying you voted, you will receive special recognition (see below)!
Thank you, and happy voting!




14 Comments:
Voted and crossing my fingers =D
I voted. I forwarded your parents e-mail (with my own note appended) to most of my address book as well. So we're stuffing the ballot box. I wish the JPost would judge the blogs (get an expert panel) instead of turning it into a popularity contest. That way I know you'd win...
P.
(that's Pupick, dammit!)
Yoni:
Lena and I also voted. I am confident that you will win - right now you're way ahead! We laughed out loud at some of your entries, although I must confess that I don't understand all of your references. Mah la'asot? I saw not a single cucumber in the cholent pot you featured an entry or two ago. Anyway, I'm just back from Japan where I spent a very challenging week in non-stop meetings. I made time to check your blog late at night while reading a novel about Hasidic Jews in Alberta, Canada, who migrated from Shanghai, where I'm going (again for work) in March. Truly, we wander...Anyway, keep blogging and good luck in the competition!
Love,
Aunt Judy and Lena
Dear Yoni,
We're rootin' for you and voted with our mouse to that effect!
When're you coming to visit again? We miss you.
Love,
Sara & Jose et al
Yoni, OK, perhaps I do need to get more of a life. I've been sitting at my computer emailing everyone who's ever crossed my path to vote for you--my air-conditioning guy voted for you...Burst out laughing when I read about Benjamin's phone sending him flying when it vibrates! The 2 of you must be most entertaining when you're together. Remember, Hugh and only Hugh can prevent a florist friar...Tina
Tina,
I just sent out a supermassive email to about 40 people to the same effect. So here's to shameful campaigning.
With regards to puns: how about chess nuts boasting in an open foyer...
Yoni, thanx to Kira Epstein from Washington, and Ruthie Barenblat from San Antonio for voting for you. Ok, how 'bout: Silly Rabbi, kicks are for trids...Tina
The threat of my father's jokes is yielding you many votes!! YAY to Papa Luzzatto--your jokes finally paid off!! Ellen Epstein, thanx--I know Ezra Fishman is pleased as well...
hey yoni its gal aka mr. bushhhaayyyy as your dad likes to call me...i voted for your blog. hope israels going great for ya and im i guess ill see when i come on the poland israel trip with benjy. enjoy israel
~gal
HEY YONI!
Just wanted to say hi...I voted for your blog! And I kinda sorta started looking at the competition but I got really bored really quickly. Yours was definitely the best. Hands down. Anyways I hope you're having a great time in Israel. We all miss you here! I have a friend that's flying in from the East Coast to visit colleges-a friend I met in NY over the summer-and she wanted to meet you! (She knew all about the fan club and was so excited to finally meet the person we all talked about!) But, sadly, I had to tell her you were in Israel for the year. She was very sad. Maybe the next time you are in Vermont or Massachusettes or wherever she's from, you can meet her. Yea. So I wish you the best of luck in this contest. Hope you win.
Your biggest fan,
~Alyssa
Good Going Yoni.proud to read your blog,you got my vote,
channa wintner
hey yoni,
the schlesinger family has voted proudly for your blog! b'hatzlachah!
Hi Yoni, its Max Rabin. Just letting you know that I voted today.
Hey Noni,
You got my vote(s)!
I sent a comment earlier but it doesn't appear to have gone through.
Leslie "My Favorite Aunt(apologies to Judy, Janet, and Lizzy-- this was Leslie's idea)Greenberger
Post a Comment
<< Home