Israelis Aplenty!
Well, for those of you who like guessing at random Israelis, here are some more Israelis for you to randomly guess at. Yeah. Just do it.
Once again, this is "Two Truths and a Lie." Pick the incorrect statement for each person.
1. Rotem Heksher
a. Lives on a kibbutz, Yavneh, where he works in the refet
b. His favorite subject in school was "hanging out with friends" (expression translated and adapted to American slang)
c. Likes playing sports
2. Tzachi Cohen (right; we already did Ayal, left. Ayal likes being in random pictures)
a. Hates excercise
b. Is obsessed with scarves
c. Lives in Haifa
3. Zvi Friedlander (left)
a. Is a masseur (and from what I hear, he is good at what he does)
b. Maintains a strict vegetarian diet
c. Consistently beats me at backgammon
4. Yoav Reiner (right)
a. Has an older brother, Yehonatan, who is also at YMG
b. Is the great-nephew of Rav Shmuel Reiner of YMG
c. Is one of the best on the basketball courts, constantly slashing to the hoop
5. Ehud Goldman
a. Placed second in his city-wide bicycle race for the Ten-and-Under division (he was eight)
b. Is a very quiet person
c. Excels at origami
BONUS:
Name five songs that have the name of a US state in the title, OR five songs with famous US cities in the title. The songs must be by different artists, which should be included in the response. You may not use the same state/city more than once.
Example "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" (Charlie Daniels Band); "Sweet Home Alabama" (Lynyrd Skynyrd); "California Dreamin'" (The Mammas and the Pappas); "Leaving New York" (R.E.M.); "Oklahoma Hills" (Woody Guthrie)
OR
"I Love L.A." (Randy Newman); "Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway" (Billy Joel); "Dallas" (Poco); "Memphis, Tennessee (The Monkees, also works for the first answer set); "Boston Clam Jam" (The Grateful Dead)
Once again, this is "Two Truths and a Lie." Pick the incorrect statement for each person.
1. Rotem Hekshera. Lives on a kibbutz, Yavneh, where he works in the refet
b. His favorite subject in school was "hanging out with friends" (expression translated and adapted to American slang)
c. Likes playing sports
2. Tzachi Cohen (right; we already did Ayal, left. Ayal likes being in random pictures)

a. Hates excercise
b. Is obsessed with scarves
c. Lives in Haifa
3. Zvi Friedlander (left)a. Is a masseur (and from what I hear, he is good at what he does)
b. Maintains a strict vegetarian diet
c. Consistently beats me at backgammon
4. Yoav Reiner (right)
a. Has an older brother, Yehonatan, who is also at YMG
b. Is the great-nephew of Rav Shmuel Reiner of YMG
c. Is one of the best on the basketball courts, constantly slashing to the hoop
5. Ehud Goldman

a. Placed second in his city-wide bicycle race for the Ten-and-Under division (he was eight)
b. Is a very quiet person
c. Excels at origami
BONUS:
Name five songs that have the name of a US state in the title, OR five songs with famous US cities in the title. The songs must be by different artists, which should be included in the response. You may not use the same state/city more than once.
Example "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" (Charlie Daniels Band); "Sweet Home Alabama" (Lynyrd Skynyrd); "California Dreamin'" (The Mammas and the Pappas); "Leaving New York" (R.E.M.); "Oklahoma Hills" (Woody Guthrie)
OR
"I Love L.A." (Randy Newman); "Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway" (Billy Joel); "Dallas" (Poco); "Memphis, Tennessee (The Monkees, also works for the first answer set); "Boston Clam Jam" (The Grateful Dead)




14 Comments:
1.b
2.a
3.b
4.b
5.c
bonus: never mind this i got to go to the nets clippers game. ill post the final score later
1.b
2.a
3.b
4.b
5.c
bonus: never mind this i got to go to the nets clippers game. ill post the final score later
oops sorry bout that
1C
2C
3A
4C
5A
1. "New York State of Mind", Billy Joel,
2. "California", Phantom Planet,
3. "Bevery Hills", Weezer,
4. "Streets of Philadelphia", Bruce Springsteem
5. "Viva Las Vegas", Elvis Presley
yeah the clippers lost 99 to 85 but they played w/o maggette who would have given the clippers and exrta boost.
1. b
2. c
3. a
4. b
5. b
Bonus: "'Round Springfield" (Simpsons soundtrack); "Scarborough Fair" (Simon and Garfunkel); "The only living boy in New York" (Simon and Garfunkel); "Belfast To Boston (God's Rifle)" (James Taylor); "Memphis" (James Taylor)
same as sarah, so im changing phantom planet's california to miami by will smith
As much as I love guessing about random Israelis(and boy do I), that is not whay I'm commenting on this site. And if you gave me until Queen Elizabeth died(we all know she made a deal with the devil and is never dying) I would not be able to think of one song with a State, City, or region of jabuti(Hehe, that country name is funny). I come to this blog to lend my support and pledge my love for Yoni Bain. Yoni, even though i havent seen you in months, the thought of you carries me through every day. Did you ever knoe that youre my hero, youre everything i could want to be...you are the wind beneath my wings. seriously Yoni, I miss you a ton and life in L.A. is not the same without you.
P.S. dedicate a blog to me!
1. c
2. a
3. a
4. c
5. c
Bonus:
-Deep in the Heart of Texas (traditional)
-Oklahoma (the song from the musical)
-Hotel California (Eagles) [she took it back! it's fair game!]
-New York, New York [referring to the second one which is a state] (the musical)
-Georgia Peaches (Lynard Skynard)
"Would you say I have a plethora of answers?"
"Si, El Guapo, you have a plethora."
"Hefe? Do you even know what a plethora is?"
Such a large number of responses, and when I say large, I mean that relatively. Still, I wish someone would get all five right once in a while. Today's answers:
1. a- while Rotem does live on kibbutz Yavneh, he works in the fields, not the refet. Yes, I can be sneaky!
2. c- he lives in Jerusalem
3. c- no-one consistently beats me at backgammon. No-one, I say!
4. b- he is not related to Rav Shmuel.
5. a- I originally had this as a camel race competition, but I wanted to make it more real, I guess.
Points awarded: none.
Bonus Points:
S. Samuels- 5
S. Blitzstein- 3 (S&G twice)
B. Bain- 5
D. Bain- 5
R. Cohen- 7, just for visiting!
R. Bain- 4, (CA Dreamin' not a city!)
B. Epstein- 5
Wow...I got em all wrong! Impressive, considering I'm supposed to know these people!
"California Rain" -Silvertide
"Oklahoma!" -Rodgers & Hammerstein
"Georgia on My Mind" -Ray Charles
"Alabama" -Neil Young
"New York, New York" -Frank Sinatra
Hi Yoni
Send my regards to Tzahi Cohen who was my student two years ago at OR TORAH STONE and to Yoav Reiner and Tzvi F. who were student of mine at Hartman.
Elon
Post a Comment
<< Home