The Shabbas is: In
Well, this Shabbat, for the second week in a row, is In. So I get to stay at Ma'aleh Gilboa for yet another day! Huzzah.
And guess what? Leor Hackel is here,
all the way from Jerusalem! He's staying with us for a shabbat, to see how YMG is better than Mevaseret-Zion, his yeshiva. Among other things, Leor is a medical clown, which explains the balloons in in the picture (right), and why Josh, the subject of Leor's energies, is looking utterly dejected. In trying out his humor, as well as wanting to be published, Leor remarked "kids, eat your vegetables." Cue laugh track... wait for it... never, at least not for that beauty. Leor is also looking for a clown name, so three bonus points to whoever suggests what I deem the best clown name for Leor.
Today, I woke up at 9:00, which isn't bad, considering I went to sleep at 3:00 a.m. after watching a few episodes of Seinfeld. I missed the 7:15 davenning at some kind of viewpoint, but I'm not the only one; apparently, only twelve students showed up. I also lounged around, one of my new hobbies, and played a game of frisbee golf with Jamin, which I won by a score of -2 to 4. I made under par for the final hole, getting a five on a par-seven throw from the bus stop to the dorms, a distance that is quite far, or at least too far for me to make a good estimate.
So for Shabbat Parshat VaYetze, Shabbat Shalom.
And guess what? Leor Hackel is here,
all the way from Jerusalem! He's staying with us for a shabbat, to see how YMG is better than Mevaseret-Zion, his yeshiva. Among other things, Leor is a medical clown, which explains the balloons in in the picture (right), and why Josh, the subject of Leor's energies, is looking utterly dejected. In trying out his humor, as well as wanting to be published, Leor remarked "kids, eat your vegetables." Cue laugh track... wait for it... never, at least not for that beauty. Leor is also looking for a clown name, so three bonus points to whoever suggests what I deem the best clown name for Leor.Today, I woke up at 9:00, which isn't bad, considering I went to sleep at 3:00 a.m. after watching a few episodes of Seinfeld. I missed the 7:15 davenning at some kind of viewpoint, but I'm not the only one; apparently, only twelve students showed up. I also lounged around, one of my new hobbies, and played a game of frisbee golf with Jamin, which I won by a score of -2 to 4. I made under par for the final hole, getting a five on a par-seven throw from the bus stop to the dorms, a distance that is quite far, or at least too far for me to make a good estimate.
So for Shabbat Parshat VaYetze, Shabbat Shalom.




5 Comments:
I think Leors clown name should be,
Leor the happy yiddush dancing clown.
if you were to name his balloon animal Lucky, he can be Pozzo the Clown.
From the looks of the two of you, the name "Prozac" pops into mind.
And bonus points go to... Tina Epstein, for the name "Prozac." As a medical clown entertaining kids who don't speak English and probably don't recognize the little purple pill, Prozac the Clown will bring a smile to their faces. Either that, or make them cry.
Hahaha. Prozac the Clown.
Post a Comment
<< Home