Jerusalem, City of... Cold?
Well, I'm back in Jerusalem after spending the first two days of Sukkot in Kochav Yair. Some of the highlights at the Dolgins, where I stayed, include a spinach lasagna, walking to shul and getting there right as it ended, sukkot dinner with an elderly right-wing Christian couple, and watching Albert Pujols' two-out, ninth-inning game-winning homerun off the nearly-unhittable Brad Lidge to win Game 5 of the NLCS and send the series back to St. Louis. That was baseball, for those of you who didn't catch that. Postseason dramatics, and all that.
And now, I'm back in Jerusalem, after taking the 749 bus from Ra'anana Junction to Jerusalem. On the way to my new hosts, we stopped at the Grave of Samuel the Prophet, which is somewhere by Givat Zev, wherever that is. All I know is that it was on a hill. It was a nice view of Jerusalem, but I somehow did not fully appreciate it, because (a) it was nighttime, (b) it was really really foggy, and (c) it was really really cold and windy. Did I mention that it was raining a lot too? Well, it was raining a lot, so there. And me, forgetting my sweater.
I am currently staying with the Shmeeda family in Givat Zev. I cannot remember how many children Elchanan and Hilary have, but they are all redheads. Only the youngest, Amitai, is home, and he is watching "a nice movie" on his laptop. We are currently in the middle of preparing dinner, so I gotta run. But I will leave you with an email, a Shalhevet update from one of my teachers. Enjoy- I always do when the Pizzle, aka Michael John Petrella, speaks.
Howdy Yoni!
Well, I have returned from the gym...huzzah!
Another year is well under way at the Magic Kingdom. The juniors have turned into seniors, full of vim and vigor. Your brother, who is one of my advisees, has taken to growing a goatee. It's the best goatee in the senior class, which of course means Allison could still beat up any of the boys.
What else? Roni, Shie and Melville continue to engage me in a battle of wits, which is akin to running an obstacle course against Helen Keller or competing in a butt kicking contest against a one-legged man, whichever in funnier!
We had a long discussion in Town Hall about either dress code or campus cleanliness; it's really hard to distinguish between the two!
And my new refrigerator is fabulous!
So life in our desert remains strangely the same; only the actors have changed!
It is now time to go prepare dinner and ponder the deeper meaning of things: will Commander Adama of the Battlestar Galactica be able to outwit his archrival, Commander Cain of the Battlestar Pegasus and what is that mysterious Cylon ship approaching the fleet?
Questions, questions.
Victory, as always, is mine!
MJP
And now, I'm back in Jerusalem, after taking the 749 bus from Ra'anana Junction to Jerusalem. On the way to my new hosts, we stopped at the Grave of Samuel the Prophet, which is somewhere by Givat Zev, wherever that is. All I know is that it was on a hill. It was a nice view of Jerusalem, but I somehow did not fully appreciate it, because (a) it was nighttime, (b) it was really really foggy, and (c) it was really really cold and windy. Did I mention that it was raining a lot too? Well, it was raining a lot, so there. And me, forgetting my sweater.
I am currently staying with the Shmeeda family in Givat Zev. I cannot remember how many children Elchanan and Hilary have, but they are all redheads. Only the youngest, Amitai, is home, and he is watching "a nice movie" on his laptop. We are currently in the middle of preparing dinner, so I gotta run. But I will leave you with an email, a Shalhevet update from one of my teachers. Enjoy- I always do when the Pizzle, aka Michael John Petrella, speaks.
Howdy Yoni!
Well, I have returned from the gym...huzzah!
Another year is well under way at the Magic Kingdom. The juniors have turned into seniors, full of vim and vigor. Your brother, who is one of my advisees, has taken to growing a goatee. It's the best goatee in the senior class, which of course means Allison could still beat up any of the boys.
What else? Roni, Shie and Melville continue to engage me in a battle of wits, which is akin to running an obstacle course against Helen Keller or competing in a butt kicking contest against a one-legged man, whichever in funnier!
We had a long discussion in Town Hall about either dress code or campus cleanliness; it's really hard to distinguish between the two!
And my new refrigerator is fabulous!
So life in our desert remains strangely the same; only the actors have changed!
It is now time to go prepare dinner and ponder the deeper meaning of things: will Commander Adama of the Battlestar Galactica be able to outwit his archrival, Commander Cain of the Battlestar Pegasus and what is that mysterious Cylon ship approaching the fleet?
Questions, questions.
Victory, as always, is mine!
MJP




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home