Yoni in Israel

Contains: Torah, humor, insight, and cucumbers

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Almost done with the Israeli safari

You know, I have so few Israelis left to introduce I figured I should just do it now. There are still a few more to photograph and publish in my safari-like quest, but I just want to get it over, get this burden off my shoulders, you know?

As always, pick the incorrect answer about each of the following:

1. Kirby (left)
a. His real name is Yoni, but since we already have a real Yoni and a fake Yoni, he is just "Kirby"
b. An American, he transferred from Netiv Aryeh, partially because of his dislike of rosh yeshiva Rav Bina
c. Is Benjamin Epstein's sixth roommate this year

2. Natan Drucker
a. Is very quiet
b. Was my first-ever Israeli chevruta
c. Earned the nickname "Speedy" for his quickness on the basketball court

3. Hedi Goldshmidt
a. Is the only Israeli in the Cholent Club
b. I called him "Idai" for the first two months of the year
c. Is a big skateboarder

4. Jess Dvash (left)
a. Does no community service
b. Plays a lot of Yaniv
c. Brought an electric guitar to yeshiva to practice his heavy metal music

5. Tani Bernstein
a. One of seven Yonatans in our shiluv
b. Lives in Jerusalem
c. Much like Aaron Abramson, is a big contributor to the Learnometer

BONUS: Create the shortest possible list of countries that contains all 26 letters of the English alphabet. List all answers alphabetically. Territories do not count. Using weird countries may or may not earn you extra points.

Example: Botswana, Cambodia, Equatorial Guinea, France, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Lesotho, Mexico, Vietnam

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

1A
2B
3C
4C
5C
Bonus:
Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Kuwait, Qatar, Latvia, Ghana, Luxembourg, Finland

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1.b
2.a
3.a
4.a
5.c

Bonus:United States of America,Switzerland,Tajikistan,
Iraq,Latvia,Egypt,Mexico

10:11 AM  
Blogger Yoni Bain said...

1. b- Kirby did transfer, but from Shalem, not Netiv
2. b and c- I know, I made a mistake on this one. He was my first Israeli chevruta in iyun, but not overall.
3. c- and I thought the letters in his name spelled "Heidi"
4. a- Jess is actually on my van on the Beit Shean route
5. c- Tani? Learnometer? Please!

Points awarded: none
Bonus points awarded: I just made up the question, but never sat down and wrote the shortest answer. So, points awarded:
B. Bain- 5
M. Samuels- 4, plus one for Tajikistan, so 5

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home