More Israelis...
That's Israeli Intoductions, Part Two
Yishai Ratik (left)
a. Played goalie for his high school soccer team
b. Wants to visit South America after his army service
c. His favorite bands are Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin
Ronen Aminoff
a. Invented the phrase (translated) "The carrot says hello to the sun"
b. Broke his leg on a cruise right before coming to yeshiva
c. Has a twin sister, Miriam
Yochai Greenfeld (left)
a. Made the finals of the Israeli "American Idol"
b. He doesn't own a television
c. Lives in Ramot with his four siblings
Asaf Barak
a. Introduced himself to me as Chabakuk
b. His favorite high school subject was history
c. Enjoys classical music
Yudah Lapia (foreground)
a. Is a terrible cook
b. Was born and has lived his whole life in Jerusalem
c. Attends Ma'aleh Gilboa because it is "the most normal Modern Orthodox yeshiva in Israel"
Yisrael Nir
a. Is an avid parachuter
b. Enjoys tiyuling/biking around Israel
c. Is one of my Israeli suitemates
BONUS
Three parts: (1) Name a mythological creature from JK Rowling's "Harry Potter" series; (2) Name a an actual mythological creature that does NOT appear in the series; (3) Name a magical creature invented by Rowling for the series.
Example: unicorn, hydra, veela
NOTE: You cannot copy answers, either from the example or other responses.
It's almost Shabbat, so I'll be off. I'll write about this morning's tiyul, and post some pictures, tomorrow night, hopefully.
Shabbat Shalom.
Yishai Ratik (left)a. Played goalie for his high school soccer team
b. Wants to visit South America after his army service
c. His favorite bands are Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin
Ronen Aminoff
a. Invented the phrase (translated) "The carrot says hello to the sun"
b. Broke his leg on a cruise right before coming to yeshiva
c. Has a twin sister, Miriam
Yochai Greenfeld (left)

a. Made the finals of the Israeli "American Idol"
b. He doesn't own a television
c. Lives in Ramot with his four siblings
Asaf Barak
a. Introduced himself to me as Chabakuk
b. His favorite high school subject was history
c. Enjoys classical music
Yudah Lapia (foreground)a. Is a terrible cook
b. Was born and has lived his whole life in Jerusalem
c. Attends Ma'aleh Gilboa because it is "the most normal Modern Orthodox yeshiva in Israel"
Yisrael Nir
a. Is an avid parachuter
b. Enjoys tiyuling/biking around Israel
c. Is one of my Israeli suitemates
BONUS
Three parts: (1) Name a mythological creature from JK Rowling's "Harry Potter" series; (2) Name a an actual mythological creature that does NOT appear in the series; (3) Name a magical creature invented by Rowling for the series.
Example: unicorn, hydra, veela
NOTE: You cannot copy answers, either from the example or other responses.
It's almost Shabbat, so I'll be off. I'll write about this morning's tiyul, and post some pictures, tomorrow night, hopefully.
Shabbat Shalom.




7 Comments:
1B
2B
3A
4C
5B
6A
Bonus: 1. centaur 2. minotaur 3. hypogriff
PS- i think it's a bit unfair that points were awarded to benjamin epstein-- he knows all those israelis personally, which takes away from the game and tips the scales in his favor exponentially. not to mention he stole my extra credit answer-- he doesn't know petrella!
Hey Yoni,
First of all, thanks for the birthday wishes. Very thoughtful and very much appreciated. We also received your postcard and enjoyed it very much.
I have sent you two e-mails and not heard back. What's the deal on that? Do you even check your e-mail?
We will miss you in Hawaii. But sounds to me like you're having quite the adventure in Cucumberland. Great opportunity.
Keep up the blogs and I'll write again soon.
Love,
Janet
Ok, here goes again...by the way, although I do know them personally, Yoni does a pretty good job of inventing answers that are plausible unless you happened to know that specific fact about the person--I really did have to guess on a couple of them. But I do have a slight advantage...heeheehee...
Great, here goes again:
1. c
2. c
3. b
4. b
5. a
6. a
Wow, I had to take a few shots in the dark there...oh well :-)
Bonus:
(1) Dragon
(2) Medusa
(3) Dementor
Well, maybe I got the bonus, anyway....
--Benjamin
Hey hey hoo,
This is Josh Tal, the person who keeps Yoni warm at night (its true; I turn the heater on and off). I would like to take a swing {clearing of the throat sound}:
1. c
2. c
3. b
4. c
5. a
6. a
Being president of the Alpha Delta Mau Harry Potter club, I think I might be able to take a swing at this pup:
1. hippogryph, god*, history of magical creatures book
*I am a firm believer in the Ein Sof, but i just threw it in for shock effect. Hope to see you lates.
Here they are.
1.b
2.c
3.b
4.c
5.c
6.a
bonus. gnome,cyclops,blast ended swert
Today's answers:
1.a- Yishai never played for his school soccer team.
2. c- no twin for Ronen.
3. b- come on, who doesn't own a television?!
4. c- he doesn't really like classical music. For shame!
5. b- Yudah was born in New York.
6. a- Yisrael is actually terrified of parachuting.
Points awarded today: none.
Try again tomorrow!
In accordance with the ordinance of Dec. 1, the following bonus points are awarded:
B. Bain- 5
B. Epstein- 5
M. Samuels- 5
J. Tal, for including God as a "mythological character"- minus 3
Post a Comment
<< Home