Yoni in Israel

Contains: Torah, humor, insight, and cucumbers

Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Daily Schedule (Part II)

3:00– Mincha. Since I am usually enjoying my nap, I usually miss part of the prayer service. Still, it's better than missing all of shacharit.
3:15– Afternoon Shiur Slot #1. Different shiurs are given on different days, so I'll just call this ASS 1. Or maybe, Shiur Slot #1. Yeah, that works better. For example, on Thursdays, this is when I go to "Torah & Science Class" with Rabbi Yitzchak.
4:15– B'Kiyut Seder. I get to spend two head-banging hours with my Harvard chevruta, Eitan Rubenstein. In a later post, I'll tell you more about him.
6:15– Shiur Slot #2. On Mondays and Wednesdays, I have "Meta-Halacha," a class with Rabbi Elisha, who I also have yet to introduce.
7:15– Dinner. For a detailed menu, see breakfast, just add pasta. A picture of the dining room is at the right.
8:00– Ma'ariv. I am there for all of this service. God awards me two points. Swish!
8:15– Evening Seder. During this time, I often learn Tanach.
9:15– Shiur Slot #3. On Mondays, I attend B'Kiyut Tanach with Chezi. You have yet to meet him. Soon, I hope.
10:15– Shiur Slot #4. On Mondays, Rav Bigman, the other co-Rosh Yeshiva you have yet to meet, gives a lecture to all the chutznikim. More about Rav Bigman, and these unique shiurs, later.
11:30– I've showered, brushed my teeth, and talked to my mommy. I get into bed. My day is over.
12:45– Or not. The Israelis party on the "quad," playing music and speaking on one of their two sound levels: loud or louder. I fall asleep sometime later, and this sleep problem means that I continue getting up late.

I'll post a schedule for Shabbat later on, perhaps after my next "in" Shabbat.

Note: If some of the terms here are confusing, you'll find that this page might help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home