Yoni in Israel

Contains: Torah, humor, insight, and cucumbers

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...


Make that the kibbutz, rather. I'm currently on kibbutz Ma'aleh Gilboa, where the yeshiva of the same name is located. We have been here for a week and a half, and it's been quite an experience. A real challenge, both academically and socially, but I think (or hope) that I'm up to it.

I would love to write more, but the internet situation won't allow it: although we were promised internet in our rooms, the cable was cut when the neighboring building was being built over the summer, and we will be without internet there for a few more days. The only way I am able to post this message is that there is one internet computer in the Beit Midrash that everyone shares. So right now is my turn, and I'm using part of my time to apologize for this inconvenience. I hope internet will be up soon.

I have a lot of pictures to share with everyone, along with stories, descriptions of people, how the classes are going, and the abundance of cucumbers. But for now, I gotta run. Hope to be able to write again soon.
-Yoni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home