Personal Ad
SWJM looking for SWJM with knowledge of TPW and GRT for weekday afternoon intellectual escapades. I have $$$ (not shekels), a mind for learning, and a great sense of humor. Boger a plus. You must have teaching abilities, be available 415-6:15 (bkiyut time) and have a sense if humor (or at least understand mine). Call me-- 057-730-5262. :)
SWJM- Single White Jewish Male; TPW- Torah, Prophets, and Writing; GRT- Gmara, Rashi and Tosfot; MUA- Made Up Acronym.
At least, that's what my personal ad would read if there was someone willing to publish it.
Other interesting things of the day include the quote "The woman's jugs" being taken completely out of context (see II Kings 4:1-12), taking Naxyn for my aching back, and slowly but surely seeing my blog become a matter of importance at the yeshiva, even among the Israelis, who keep asking me when their pictures will be up. To them I respond, "all in good time, my pretties, all in good time." I also watched "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" last night, but I am holding off on reviewing it until I discuss this deep film with some friends. And... I think that's it. For now.
SWJM- Single White Jewish Male; TPW- Torah, Prophets, and Writing; GRT- Gmara, Rashi and Tosfot; MUA- Made Up Acronym.
At least, that's what my personal ad would read if there was someone willing to publish it.
***
For the second time in two months, I am chevruta-less, again. This one with Asaf lasted all of, oh, two days. He said "I'd rather learn alone" which I guess is his way of saying "It's not you, it's me." So I'm back on the market, I guess.Other interesting things of the day include the quote "The woman's jugs" being taken completely out of context (see II Kings 4:1-12), taking Naxyn for my aching back, and slowly but surely seeing my blog become a matter of importance at the yeshiva, even among the Israelis, who keep asking me when their pictures will be up. To them I respond, "all in good time, my pretties, all in good time." I also watched "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" last night, but I am holding off on reviewing it until I discuss this deep film with some friends. And... I think that's it. For now.




7 Comments:
This has nothing to do with your blog but rather your fan club. As a proud founder of your fan club, I would like to humbly thank you for you accusatory postcard. It was more than thoughtful and sweet- it was simply "yoni bain". Yes, your name is an adjective now. Your fan club is going strong and possibly growing. Hope to see you soon.
You have a sense of humor??
Person who calls him/herself "??", retract your statement and identify yourself. It is clear to everyone here that I have a sense of humor; whether or not you (or any individual) can appreciate it is a different story. I would delete the comment, but I don't know how to do so. Consider yourself warned...
To that I say, "Why Yoni, where's your sense of humor...??"
As the former Editor-in-Chief of "The Boiling Point," I learned that anonymity grants the speaker the right to say whatever he/she wants without fear of repurcussions. I don't think your criticism is bad (provided it isn't mean-spirited); in fact, criticism can often be helpful. However, doing so anonymously reads to me as a cheap shot. If you want to say something, say it to my face, and don't hide behind these question marks.
With that in mind, I now know how to delete comments. I have not deleted comments up to this point, but I will not allow unattributed opinions, especially ones that are less than complimentary (even sarcastic and mean-spirited). So, ??, the choice is yours: identify yourself, or have your comments deleted. I cannot stop you from reading, as I do not know who you are, but I can prevent you from being published in MY space.
Firstly, according to the adage, one catches a FLY with honey. Secondly, I don't mind a battle of wits; I just require an identified opponent to that end. Thirdly, I do not enjoy being "toyed" with, especially by an unnamed figure.
But does it really matter? If I get no response, soon enough this, as well as the previous five comments, will be deleted.
Yoni, I think the comment was made in jest--you have a huge following and an actual fan club. Take it in stride--I think it was meant as a joke. It's sort of like calling an extremely skinny guy, "Fats". We love your blogs--you are obviously a gifted writer. I think you're misinterpreting ??. You're a delight--keep it up. Tina
Post a Comment
<< Home