Holy Hebrew! It's The Caped Crusaders of Chumash!
Well, it's back to yeshiva life, which means it's back to the same old, same old. You know things are back to their YMG normal when yesterday's highlights include trying out a loofa (much better than bar soap, by the way) and a really disappointing pasta (well, it was quite disappointing. It was already sauced, looked ready to go-- and then it had this weird aftertaste. You know what I'm saying, right? Of course you don't). We're back in the swing of things, where surprises will be limited to the topics of learning. Not that that's always a bad thing...
Well, back to the Gmara Grindstone. Learning today included topics such as:
For what transgressions is man required to give his life?
What does the phrase "mantzpach" mean?
How does the sanctification/humiliation of God factor into Jew-Gentile relations?
How does the story of the rabbi and the prostitute in tractate Menachot, page 44a, contain the basic principles of Jewish sexual ethics?
Should one stop his prayer if a snake is on his leg?
Why do cities surrounded by a wall read the Scroll of Esther on the 15th of Adar?
Why does that city have to have its wall from the time of Joshua (or does it?)?These are the things I deal with on a daily basis.
Last thought: today, while reading a gmara, I came across the sage "Rabin" who I pronounced as "Robin." Not the biggest mispronounciation, but with Robin, I automatically started looking for his caped crusader counterpart. Therefore, I present YMG's superhero tandem:




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home