Yoni in Israel

Contains: Torah, humor, insight, and cucumbers

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The First of the Month(s) and the Last of the Israelis

Firstly, the last of the Israelis! I've finally managed to track them all down and commit them to the blog (well, most of them... see BONUS below). As always, select the false response from among the true ones.

1. Yonatan Ori (left)
a. My first Israeli bkiyut chevruta
b. A member of the all-Yonatan team, in which Schwartz, Oren, Ori, Bernstein, and I all played on the same team
c. Responsible for the computer room

2. Asor Weitzman (center)
a. Sefardic
b. Ba'al Kriyah (weekly Torah reader) for the yeshiva
c. Shares Room 10 with Zvi and Noam

3. Asaf Koppel (right)
a. Recently transfered to Rav Yitzchak's shiur
b. Slept for six months in a tent
c. Is a strict vegetarian

4. Meir Dahan (left)
a. Daniel Marans' bkiyut chevruta
b. Visits the refet twice weekly
c. Yeshiva tranfer student

5. Yehonatan Oren (center)
a. Sits in on the English Rav Elisha classes
b. Lives in Rechovot
c. Has the opening music of "Star Wars" as his cell phone ring

6. Asaf Yachi (right)
a. Is going to the army in two weeks
b. I thought he was a boger
c. A big fan of Frisbee

BONUS: There are two people who did not want to be photographed for the blog. Their initials are AM and BBS. Though I will not mention their names, you can earn bonus points for writing creative names to fit those initials. On a scale of 1-5.

The last two days have been Rosh Chodesh Adar. This means we are in the buildup to the Adar megaholiday of Purim, where everyone dresses up and gets drunk and the yeshiva has five days off. For Rosh Chodesh, a holiday in its own right, we went to a high school in Sdeh Eliyahu, a nearby kibbutz to lead their davenning. It wasn't too exciting, although I'll remember the day for DMD's making me a sandwich with cherry Mentos (I ate it).

We had dancing that echoed of Shalhevet's merriment in the Rabbi Goren regime, though not nearly as intense. We also danced today with the preschoolers for a reason unbeknownst to me. The kibbutz decided to have a shuk in the dining room, conveniently at our dinner time, and I'm not sure that the event was connected to Adar. In any event, it was the first time that I was aware of there being more than ten people living on Mt. Gilboa. My hackeysack got stuck in a tree. Yisrael Nir borrowed my digital camera for two hours, and somehow took 136 pictures. I did community service. My internet connection is not working very well. I wrote a really scattered paragraph for my blog.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1.c
2.b
3.c
4.c
5.a
6.b
Bonus:
Adrian Micthells
Bono Belushi-Sager

11:54 AM  
Blogger Benjamin E. said...

1. b
2. c
3. c
4. b
5. a
6. a

Bonus next post...

2:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

1 A
2 A
3 B
4 C
5 A
6 B
bonus: Admiral McMoustache, Bernard Boris Sloppertopper

4:39 PM  
Blogger Benjamin E. said...

Bonus:

Arpachshad Malkitzedek, Billy Bob Sczczepan [means "crown" in Polish]

12:52 AM  
Blogger Yoni Bain said...

The last of the correct answers:
1. b- though it would be amusing, no such all-Yonatan team existed.
2. a- at least, I'm pretty sure he's not Sefardic
3. c- but he did sleep in a tent, for some odd reason
4. b- now seriously, who would visit a refet?
5. a- he's tall
6. c- whatever.

Points awarded: shockingly, none.
Bonus: well, there was some creativity, though I would have gone with Aesciplus Merriwether and Big Bird Sudetenland. However:

B Bain- 4
B Epstein- 5
M Samuels- 3

6:33 AM  
Blogger Yoni Bain said...

The last of the correct answers:
1. b- though it would be amusing, no such all-Yonatan team existed.
2. a- at least, I'm pretty sure he's not Sefardic
3. c- but he did sleep in a tent, for some odd reason
4. b- now seriously, who would visit a refet?
5. a- he's tall
6. c- whatever.

Points awarded: shockingly, none.
Bonus: well, there was some creativity, though I would have gone with Aesciplus Merriwether and Big Bird Sudetenland. However:

B Bain- 4
B Epstein- 5
M Samuels- 3

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home