In the Penthouse
If being part of one siyum is good, being part of three is better. One could even say that it is approximately three times better (more accurately, 2.9772). Yesterday I was privy to participate in three siyums, though only one might actually count as a siyum: we concluded our study of Tractate Sanhedrin by finishing the ninth chapter; I finished watching the sixth season of "Seinfeld;" and Josh and I conlcuded the first season of "Scrubs," a refreshingly quirky medical TV show.
This morning, the Americans were supposed to have a tiyul to Zichron Ya'akov, but since most of us left early (only five of us on the van), we went straight to Jerusalem instead. After praying in the bus station, I taxied to the computer shop to pick up my laptop, which (as of now) is working. Since, once again, my Jerusalem friends were too busy to hang out with me, I took the 434 bus directly to Rechovot, where I am staying for Shabbat.
Rechovot means "streets," and there are streets in this city that is home to 120,000 people. Other than that, I don't get the name. A few YMGuys live in Rechovot-- Aaron Gabba, Yisrael Shpindel, Yonatan Oren-- but I am staying with Oren Saban. I also just found out that Micah is staying at Aaron's, so there is a good chance I will see him this weekend.
The Sabans live in a post-modern style penthouse, very big and white. They are French, a fact that has no correlation whatsoever to the previous sentence, but a fact worth noting nonetheless. I ate lunch with Oren, his brother Eitan, and his parents, and for perhaps the first time I can remember, we had meat on Friday afternoon. French bread, hot dogs, Israeli salad, even sliced turkey, of which I am not too fond-- quite delicious.
Before I wish y'all a shabbat shalom, allow me to extend a hearty "Congratulations" to the 2006 Shalhevet Model United Nations team for finishing first in the sixteenth Yeshiva University National Model United Nations (YUNMUN XVI). Special shoutouts to all the best delegates (Talya, Rochelle, Ayal, Ben, Eli) and the honorable mentions (Mitzi, Galit). And to all those who should have won but were robbed for whatever reason-- you are just like me. Savor the victory, especially over archnemesis YOLA; that was something I never accomplished in my two years on the team. Enjoy the celebratory dinner, just be careful with the pasta (I think someone out there got that reference, no?). Once again, great job silencing the Shalhevet detractors.
Shabbat shalom.
This morning, the Americans were supposed to have a tiyul to Zichron Ya'akov, but since most of us left early (only five of us on the van), we went straight to Jerusalem instead. After praying in the bus station, I taxied to the computer shop to pick up my laptop, which (as of now) is working. Since, once again, my Jerusalem friends were too busy to hang out with me, I took the 434 bus directly to Rechovot, where I am staying for Shabbat.
Rechovot means "streets," and there are streets in this city that is home to 120,000 people. Other than that, I don't get the name. A few YMGuys live in Rechovot-- Aaron Gabba, Yisrael Shpindel, Yonatan Oren-- but I am staying with Oren Saban. I also just found out that Micah is staying at Aaron's, so there is a good chance I will see him this weekend.
The Sabans live in a post-modern style penthouse, very big and white. They are French, a fact that has no correlation whatsoever to the previous sentence, but a fact worth noting nonetheless. I ate lunch with Oren, his brother Eitan, and his parents, and for perhaps the first time I can remember, we had meat on Friday afternoon. French bread, hot dogs, Israeli salad, even sliced turkey, of which I am not too fond-- quite delicious.
Before I wish y'all a shabbat shalom, allow me to extend a hearty "Congratulations" to the 2006 Shalhevet Model United Nations team for finishing first in the sixteenth Yeshiva University National Model United Nations (YUNMUN XVI). Special shoutouts to all the best delegates (Talya, Rochelle, Ayal, Ben, Eli) and the honorable mentions (Mitzi, Galit). And to all those who should have won but were robbed for whatever reason-- you are just like me. Savor the victory, especially over archnemesis YOLA; that was something I never accomplished in my two years on the team. Enjoy the celebratory dinner, just be careful with the pasta (I think someone out there got that reference, no?). Once again, great job silencing the Shalhevet detractors.
Shabbat shalom.




1 Comments:
i think rehovot is a biblical name, so if you have a problem, take it up with jacob. its in genesis, but im not sure where. look at the shut project. also, thanks for the email adress. now i just have to think of a question.
eitan
Post a Comment
<< Home