Yoni in Israel

Contains: Torah, humor, insight, and cucumbers

Monday, February 27, 2006

FIST: Yehuda and Benjamin

Happy month of Adar: he who enters Adar enters into a realm of happiness. Or something like that.

First Impressions:
Yehuda loves Ace Ventura, frequently quoting lines such as "Bumblebee tuna!" and "Aaaaaaallrighty then!" He also enjoys Pink Floyd, and his cell phone represents a mixture of these two loves: the background is Ace, and the ringtone is Pink Floyd's "Money." He is a member of both my fantasy football and basketball pools, and also plays real basketball and frisbee. We enjoy making fun of things, and as you might guess, making fun of things is my national pastime.

Benjamin goes by the nickname "Jammin'," which is perhaps the coolest nickname ever for Benjamin (Ben, Benny, Benjy, Benji, Bengie, Enjam). He has absolutely no trace of a Texan accent, but sounds kinda like Kermit the Frog. One of the nicest guys here. Likes and understands computers and iPods, and has fixed both of mine. Slept in my room on the first night because of rooming confusion (now is in his own room), and my work buddy during Gaza gruntwork. His mom posted on my blog.

Second Thoughts:
Yehuda is the social chameleon of the group. Actually, I don't think every group has a social chameleon, or if that is even a real term. Nevertheless, I think that is a good description of Yehuda. He fits into so many social circles: learning, basketball, Settlers, movies, computers, frisbee, hiking. He can be laid-back, or extremely focused. The many faces of Yehuda, if you will, most with the Lerea Chessire Cat grin. He has a great deal of understanding and patience, and enjoys Rav Elisha's class very very much. Yehuda can be quiet sometimes, but usually has a strong opinion. He rooms with two Israelis (Yisrael Klitzner and Brodo), and like me, he has four younger brothers. Notice that he's wearing the same shirt in both pictures. And, as he often reminds me, he has " the reflexes of a cat and the speed of a mongoose. " Aaaaaalrighty then!

Benjamin still goes by Jamin (spelled correctly here), though Rav Elisha sometimes calls him Benjy, to his displeasure. He is still the techie of the group for computers and internet, as he uses the internet to Skype to his parents. He has a sense of humor, and although it is better than David Zvi's (then again, whose isn't?), it can have it's weird moments, like his fascination with Pass the Pigs. He is a fellow of some program called Bronfman, which means that he has an apartment in Jerusalem at his disposal, kinda. I've met his mom (I've also met the parent/s of Ilan, Josh, DZ, DMD, Marans, Jason, Weiler, Ezra, and Yehuda), and I saw immediately where he gets a lot of his personality and such. And, he still jumps when we call his cell phone, even though we've done it a bajillion times.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Until I saw it for myself, I couldn't imagine how utterly hilarious it is when Benjamin's cell phone vibrates--he literally jumps 2 feet off the ground!! I thought he'd been shot the first time it happened and couldn't stop laughing. Next, Pass the Pigs is worshipped at our house. For someone who passes around a sometimes deflated "energy" ball to the sound of "FA!!", I don't know that you have room to give grief. And about the Bronfman apt., I went there. Has Benjamin ever mentioned the 3 gorgeous girls who live there??? Debbie, Yoni was infinitely funnier in person than in writing, which is saying a lot!! I had a great time and Yoni was wonderful at entertaining me on Friday night--although I laughed so hard I was in pain! Yoni, I hear you're 27 and a counselor at YMG--or getting ready for med school...??? Tina

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home